|Relying on the support of its vine-growing members, “Cielo e Terra” Gruppo Cantine Colli Berici has committed itself to a project aimed at the enhancement and control of the entire Berici Hills vine-growing and wine-producing sector, from the vineyard to the bottle, to guarantee consumers quality and traceability, in an increasingly effective manner.
The Project includes the following phases:
- Establishment of an experimental winery in Corlanzone, for the gathering of selected and monitored grapes so as to identify ideal areas for future planting.
- Adoption of vine-growing techniques aimed at reducing production costs and improving standards of quality, in full respect of the environment.
- Certification of planted areas (GMO-free cuttings) and reduction of actions aimed at a guided prevention of vine disease.
- Promotion of organic viticulture to further rationalize and develop natural vine-growing.
- Establishment of a “vineyard logbook” to ensure widespread control of all the links in the chain, in compliance with food safety and hygiene requirements mandated by the HACCP self-assessment manual.
- Wine-making from grapes produced only by the vine-growing members, who are constantly supported by agronomists and oenologists.